But Scoutmob has taken it one step further than its competitors and also offers a marketplace called Shoppe, where artisans and indie shops can sell their wares, be it jewelry, home goods, art, even unique vintage items to reach a larger market.
Quick Facts Scoutmob’s Shoppe
- 1 million users
- marketplace is artisan focused
- US sellers only
- customers are not buying a deal or voucher but the actual product
- Scoutmob buys sellers’ products at wholesale prices
- sellers still ship the product to the customer but Scoutmob pays for the shipping
- sellers need to have a certain inventory on hand
- sellers can stop selling on Scoutmob at any time
- if you also happen to be a seller in one of the handful of cities their Go Local app services, you also get exposure there as well
Expect Scoutmob to put even more resources into Shoppe, as it has exceeded their initial expectations and now accounts for 30 to 40% of the company’s revenue. If you are interested, you can submit an application here.
My Marketing Services Can Help Your Online Business!
I offer a variety of very affordable DIY marketing services that will take your online business to the next level. Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs, no obligation. If you have an Etsy shop, click here.
© 2014 G.B. Oliver. All rights reserved