The Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics are soon upon us (16 days to go) and they are going to be trending huge on social media and in the press for the next several weeks. So, how can your small business take advantage? Come up with a cool promotional idea that you can use to get press and capitalize on those trending hash tags.
Some Olympic Promotional Ideas to Try
- Give 20% off everything red, white or blue for all 17 days (if you are a US shop)
- Send out congratulatory tweets when your country wins a medal (use your hash tags #olympics #sochi2014)
- Dress up your business mascot in patriotic colors
- Give a daily critique on Olympic fashion (if you sell jewelry or accessories) on social media
- Have a flash two-hour sale of 40% off every time your country wins a gold medal
- Whether you design art, t-shirts, pillows, baby onesies, etc., add one that says, “Go USA”, “Allez la France”, “Forza Italia!” or whatever the case may be
- If you have a retail space, set up a large screen TV with live coverage. It might keep people in your shop longer.
Then approach your local newspaper and ask if they are doing any editorial on Cool Promotional Ideas Local Business are Doing for the Olympics and see if they will give you a shout out.
You may also want to “like” the NBC Olympics Facebook page where they will be streaming Olympic coverage, so you can comment on their posts and get seen by, and converse with, a lot of people!
About the Author: I’m G.B. Oliver and I can write a complete and detailed Marketing Action Plan for your small business for just $199 US. Inquire using the form below.
© 2014 G.B. Oliver. All rights reserved