Trying to get your business on the first page of Google search results is a dubious task. It doesn’t help that Google keeps changing their algorithm, just when you think you’ve got a handle on it.
Other Popular Search Engines
Lately, I have actually found myself searching for certain things on other sites, instead of Google, just because I feel they will deliver better results.
- If I’m looking for clothing, I go to ShopStyle.com first, as they pull results from all the top online stores, plus I can organize the results in terms of price and relevancy.
- If I’m looking for a certain image, I search on Pinterest. The images tend to be of higher quality, and the display is easier to read.
- If I’m looking for the latest business articles, I search on Twitter, especially using hash tags.
- If I’m looking for decor ideas or home products, I search on Houzz.
- If I’m looking for a local business, I go to Yelp, plus I can read reviews.
So you see, your small business doesn’t have to be totally dependent on Google to get found, and my feeling is, the popularity of these unlikely search engines will continue to grow. What do you use to search, besides Google, and for what? Tell me in comments below.
Need Some Fresh Marketing Ideas & Tactics for Your Small Business?
Whether you’re an online business, retail storefront, professional office, restaurant, individual entrepreneur – any type of small business, I can evaluate your current marketing approach and give you a complete plan of new ideas and tactics, specific to your business and target market – that will work! Just visit my Marketing Services page.
© 2012-2014 G.B. OLIVER ALL RIGHTS RESERVED