I have written before about how to Up-sell More of Your Products Using Vignette-Style Photos, and How to Make a Photo Sell Your Products, but I wanted to give you an example of a photo that got me to buy.
I saw these framed letters at Ballard Designs recently and thought they were nice, but felt that I had no need. Then I saw the second photo on their design blog. I had been looking for something to fill up a long narrow wall in my home and this was the perfect solution. But as a customer, I had walked away initially because I didn’t understand right away how I could use these letters. Not only does the second photo solve the decor dilemma I was having, but they just sold 4 instead of 1.
As I have mentioned many times in my consultations and ebooks, not everyone is decorating savvy or fashion savvy or immediately understands why they need your product. Sometimes a visual that creates a need and/or solves a problem works a lot better than words. For example:
- If you are selling décor products, think of a decorating dilemma (what to do with a long narrow wall)
- If you are selling fashion, think of a fashion dilemma (what to wear to a wedding)
- If you are selling kids products, think of a parent’s dilemma (is this product safe for my kids)
- If you are selling vintage products, think of a buyer’s dilemma (will this work with my current décor or wardrobe)
- If you are selling food products, think of a cook’s dilemma (how can I use this in tonight’s dinner)
- If you are selling wedding products, think of a bride’s dilemma (will it make my wedding more unique)
- If you are selling gadgets, think of a buyer’s dilemma (how will it make my life easier)
- If you are selling pet products, think of a pet owner’s dilemma (is it durable enough for my big dog)
- If you are selling beauty products, think of women’s most common dilemmas (will I look better)
And now think of a photo that will immediately capture the solution to this dilemma.
PLEASE NOTE: One of my clients, Shed, The Eclectic Home, also sells the above prints in her online shop.
My FREE Offer of the Day!
Tell me the product you are having trouble selling and I will give my photo suggestion for you in an upcoming blog post (plus a link to your business).
© 2012-2014 G.B. OLIVER ALL RIGHTS RESERVED