ASK GAIL: ANSWERING YOUR SMALL BUSINESS QUESTIONS
My wind chimes have been chosen to be on a TV show called, Blog Cabin on the DIY Network. The episode is yet to air, but they have put a video up and links to my Etsy shop. I would like some advice on how to use this exposure to market my bells both on Etsy, social media and in my wholesale business. What would you do if you had the exposure?
Bruce at Earthwind Stoneware
I always tell my clients that publicity may not transpire into the results they want right away, but it does offer a lot of opportunity for your business over time. Here is what I would do with your appearance on Blog Cabin:
- Include the links to the video clips in your email signature with a call to action line such as, “Recently featured on the DIY Network’s Blog Cabin, see the video here”. An email signature program such as WiseStamp will allow you to do this.
- Add the video links to your Etsy shop’s About page, along with the same line “Recently featured on the DIY Network’s Blog Cabin” to create credibility.
- All of the social media sites – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest – allow you to post videos, so post the video to each site letting your followers know, “We are honored to have our wind chimes featured in this week’s episode of the DIY Network’s Blog Cabin” and be sure to tag #DIYNetwork #BlogCabin @DIYNetwork on all posts. They will likely share/retweet with their followers.
- Go to the DIY Network’s Facebook page and post a message and/or comment on the post in which that episode is featured and thank them for including you.
- Do the same on their Instagram and Pinterest pages, adding a comment, sharing and liking if they post the video.
- When you post/tweet the video to social media, also include the @Etsy tag in hopes that their social media people take note of your appearance on the show and feel it is worth sharing on their social media sites.
- Add any publicity you get to the back of your business card. This helps when handing it out to local shops for wholesale orders.
- Approach a business writer at your local newspaper to see if you can turn this publicity into more publicity i.e. “Local business owner’s products to be featured on national television show”. Local press coverage will help to create interest among local shops for wholesale offers.
- Ask the DIY Network if they have a “badge” or logo you can use on your site and in your marketing materials that says, “As seen on the DIY Network”.
Best of luck! Gail
Now Don’t Forget…
- To see the variety of affordable Marketing Services I offer
- Share this post on Facebook and follow me for exclusive tips and news
- Follow my blog on Bloglovin‘
Thanks so much for your support!
© 2015 Gail Oliver, Attention Getting Marketing. All rights reserved.