First of all I have to congratulate one of my clients, Nadine Savino, creator of The GCap, for appearing on Good Morning America this week and presenting her invention to Joy Mangano (the momtrepreneur whom the movie, Joy, is based on). Be sure to check out Nadine’s appearance here. The GCap is a reusable, stretchable bottle cap for kids drinks. Nadine also received a $10,000 check to help further her business. Congratulations, Nadine!
The week of Christmas can be one of the the slowest for an online shop so I don’t expect you to be doing too much this week, but here are some things you may want to do, if you have the time.
8 Ideas for Shop Promotion This Week
- If you have a blog, come up with your own “Best of 2015” list and promote the post on all of your social media sites.
- Add a section to your shop that is entitled “Up to 50% Off”.
- Email a link to the shop section above to all customers (after Christmas), along with wishes for a Happy 2016!
- Find a three-word keyword phrase that describes your most popular item and run a Google Adwords ad based on this phrase, just for a month.
- Review your shop traffic statistics and invest more time and effort in the top three traffic sources.
- Go through all of your social media followers lists and follow back anyone who is following you.
- Post to social media an animated (gif) holiday greeting. There are some free ones here.
- Hot trending topics on social media this week: First day of winter (Dec 22), start of Capricorn (Dec 23), Christmas (Dec 25), National Pumpkin Pie Day (Dec 25), National Candy Cane Day (Dec 26).
© 2015 Gail Oliver, Attention Getting Marketing. All rights reserved.