Last week there was so much going on that this week seems a lot quieter (except for the major snowstorm that hit my city today). If you aren’t busy digging out, here are some of my marketing tidbits to consider this week.
More Instagram Advice
Not sure if you read my Instagram tip from last week, but another way to get Instagram to include you on their page (in front of their 137 million followers) is to post a cute animal photo and include the hash tag #WeeklyFluff. Instagram pulls these weekly for their site.
Email Marketing Tip
I bought something online recently, and the next week the store sent me an email that said in the subject line, “Thanks for shopping with us. Here’s a little treat…” Inside was a coupon for 20% off my next purchase. Now, I get a lot of promotional emails, but I have to say that line got my attention because I was curious about what the “treat” was. In other words, it worked so you may want to try something similar with your customer emails.
E-commerce Platform to Consider
If you are not happy with your current e-commerce provider, I was surprised to learn that Ecwid supports over 900,000 shops compared to Shopify’s 200,000. Their pricing is based on the number of products you sell. For example, if you sell less than 100 products, the fee is just $15 a month.
Pantone Color Trends for Fall 2016
This week Pantone announced their 10 Colors for Fall 2016, including mustard yellow and emerald green, so you may want to consider integrating these color selections into your fall collection.
Trending This Week
- February 17 – National Random Acts of Kindness Day
- February 18 – National Drink Wine Day
- February 19 – #FridayReads
- February 20 – National Love Your Pet Day
- February 21 – #SundayBrunch
- February 22 – #MondayMotivation
- February 23 – National Banana Bread Day
More Links to Click
- Have an online shop? Get my Expert Review to drive more sales!
- Find more great marketing ideas in my Ebooks on Gumroad.
- Check out my site OnlineShopLove.com,