It is that time of year when we look ahead to what is expected to be the hot products in 2017 in the categories of home decor, weddings, fashion, and kids.
Home Décor Trends 2017
- Colors/prints: jewel colors, bold monochrome patterns
- Materials: velvet, marble, embroidery
- Hot products: wall murals, kaleidoscope art, rectangular pillows
Wedding Trends 2017
- Colors/prints: mint, blush, maroon, peach, beige/natural, watercolor
- Themes: boho, Frozen, whimsical, forest, garden
- Hot products: Hanging vertical garlands, ornate keepsake ring boxes, cake garlands, decorative trays for favors, place cards, etc.
Kids Trends 2017
- Colors: coral, black and grey mix for girls, Blue and green mix for boys
- Themes: nature, celestial, puppies and kittens, woodland, lion king, owl, animal faces
- Hot products: fabric playhouses, stuffed animal heads for wall, play wands, calendar onesies
Fashion Trends 2017
- Colors/prints: yellow, khaki, pink, stripes (particularly in retro beach colors), pinstripes, ruffles
- Materials: velvet, shiny fabric
- Hot products: slit sleeves, one shoulder, pajama-wear, tassel earrings, cinch purses, tiny purses
Other Hot Trends for 2017
The TV show Stranger Things was so popular this past summer (with a second series coming out in 2017) expect to see an 1980s influence across decor and fashion. Also, if you have already purchased my 2017 Etsy Shop Marketing Plan, you know that August will be the 20th anniversary of Princess Diana’s death, the 55th anniversary of Marilyn Monroe’s death and the 40th anniversary of Elvis Presley’s death, which would explain why so many models were wearing Elvis tees at the Spring 2017 fashion shows. Expect to see more products influenced by these three legends.
Customer Success Story!
My 2017 Etsy Shop Plans!
If you really want to drive traffic and sales at your Etsy shop in 2017, my all-new 2017 Etsy Shop Marketing Plan and 2017 Etsy Shop Social Media Plan are the only guides you’ll need. I worked very hard to jam pack these plans with all new ideas, tactics and insight. Click to get all the details!
Click here for a vertical pin to share on Pinterest!
With 20+ years in marketing I have grown my blog to over 100,000 readers in just 4 years. My advice has appeared in publications from the New York Times to Success Magazine and I have personally consulted for over 4,000 e-commerce businesses since late 2012. My blog was chosen by AmericanExpress Open Forum (the people behind Small Business Saturday) as one of their “Top 10 Small Business Blogs“. I am also a contributor at Business2Community.com and a Small Business Expert at SheKnows.com, the #1 Women’s Lifestyle website. I have gotten my clients coverage in Real Simple Magazine, House Beautiful, Apartment Therapy, Vanity Fair, Houzz, Glamour Magazine, LONNY, DesignMilk, Emmaline Bride, More Magazine, Outblush, The Frisky, just to name a few.
© 2016 Gail Oliver. All rights reserved.