I have been a little swamped launching a new venture called OnlineShopLove.com that I did not have time to put together my December Marketing calendar. So, luckily for my readers, I will be giving you the tasks here, for free, each week this month.
Therefore, if you are looking to drive traffic and sales to your online shop, here are a few things to try this week.
Marketing To Do List for December 1 to 7
- Thank all customers who bought from you on Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday by emailing them a coupon for use in January.
- Pantone introduces their color of the year on Wednesday and it always trends big on social media. Be ready on social media with any products you offer that match the color they announce.
- Send out pitches to print media now for Easter editorial (for fashion, decorating, entertaining, etc.)
- Follow all new customers on their social media sites and add them to your email list.
- Run a one-day $25 Facebook ad for gift ideas based on products in your shop.
- Respond to any relevant Help a Reporter Out (HARO) media requests.
- Submit an entry in Instagram’s Weekend HashTag Project and comment on all entries.
- Kindly ask friends and family to post a favorite product from your shop to their social media pages.
- Trending hash tags to capitalize on this week: #NationalPieDay (Dec 1), #GivingTuesday (Dec 1), #NationalCookieDay (Dec 4), #SantasListDay (Dec 4), #Hanukkah (Dec 6), #MondayMotivation, #ThursdayThoughts, #FridayFeeling, #gifts, #gift, #giftideas.
Need more marketing ideas, advice and inspiration? Then be sure to check out my ebook shop on Gumroad. Come back on Monday for next week’s marketing to do list.
© 2015 Gail Oliver, Attention Getting Marketing. All rights reserved.