For a few years now, I have been telling you about the growing popularity of “national days” on social media. Some are fun, some are silly and most are popular due to the fact that a major brand typically jumps on board to take advantage of the trending day, making it even more popular on social media (i.e. Starbucks and #nationalcoffeeday).
The Most Popular National Days
If you are using national days to help get visibility for your social media accounts, then you may be curious as to which national days are the most popular. According to Google searches, here is what I found, in order of popularity:
- #NationalGirlfriendDay (August 1)
- #NationalBoyfriendDay (October 3)
- #NationalDogDay (August 26)
- #NationalDonutDay (June 1)
- #NationalBestFriendsDay (June 8)
- #NationalSiblingDay (April 10)
- #NationalIceCreamDay (3rd Sunday in July)
- #NationalPuppyDay (March 23)
- #NationalBeerDay (April 7)
- #NationalCoffeeDay (October 1)
- #NationalPancakeDay (March 7)
So if you only feel like jumping on the “national day” content band wagon for a few, these are good ones to go with. By the way, tomorrow, November 28th, you will likely see the hash tag #GivingTuesday trending as it is the national day of giving. The purpose of this day is to celebrate generosity and giving back.
National Days Rising in Popularity
There are also national days that started to get some traction this year and may see more interest this year. The top 5 rising national days (in terms of searches) are:
- #NationalLipstickDay (July 29)
- #NationalBurritoDay (1st Thursday in April)
- #NationalCheeseburgerDay (September 18)
- #NationalTequilaDay (July 24)
- #NationalWineDay (May 25)
Stay on top of the most popular and most interesting national days with my January 2018 Social Media Content Calendar, packed with other trending content ideas, social media tips and examples. If you sell on Etsy, you will prefer my Etsy version here.
© 2017 Gail Oliver. All rights reserved.