What a busy week with Mardi Gras, the start of Lent, the New York Fashion fall shows, and of course, Valentine’s Day. Here are my suggestions for getting your shop seen this week.
Are you part of a local networking group? These are small business and professional groups in your city that you connect with monthly with the goal to refer each other to your friends, family and customers. Try the site Meetup.com to find a group. Some of the groups listed here are more social in nature, but you will find ones such as “entrepreneurs”, “artisans”, “independent professionals” and so forth.
There is a great opportunity for your business to get seen on Instagram. Post a photo of yourself doing something related to your business, along with a brief description that begins #HelloMyNameIs and simply tell your story about why and how you started your shop. Once a week Instagram posts stories such as these on their Instagram page for their 137 million followers to see.
Publicity Pitch Time
If you wish to get coverage in print magazines for Father’s Day gift editorial and summer-related articles, you need to email out your pitches to writers and editors this week. In terms of blog editorial, the topics they are currently preparing for would be Spring and Easter-related (decor, fashion, entertaining, etc.), Spring break vacation travel, and trends seen at New York Fashion Week.
Valentine’s E-commerce Stats
The Marketing Tech Blog posted a great infographic about Valentine’s Retail and E-commerce Buyer Behavior Statistics. Did you know that the peak buying days are February 7th and February 11th? So you still have time.
Trending This Week
- February 9 – Mardi Gras, Fat Tuesday, Pancake Day, National Pizza Day
- February 10 – New York Fall Fashion Week (#NYFW), Lent, #WednesdayWorkout
- February 11 – National Inventor’s Day, #ThursdayBlogs (share my blog!)
- February 12 – NBA All Star Game, #NBAAllStarTO, #Toronto, #FlashbackFriday
- February 13 – NBA All Star Game, #NBAAllStarTO, #SaturdayMarket
- February 14 – Valentine’s Day, National Ferris Wheel Day
- February 15 – President’s Day, Grammy Awards
- Have an online shop? Get my Expert Review to drive more sales!
- If you want to know how to capitalize on a trending topic, be sure to check out my daily picks at OnlineShopLove.com,
- An easy way to see past blog posts of mine is my Pinterest Board.
More tips next Tuesday, so be sure to follow my blog so that you don’t miss out!