You may be busy filling Christmas orders, but don’t forget you always need to be marketing and promoting your Etsy shop, especially to avoid the upcoming January lull. So today, I am giving 5 hot tips from my December Etsy Shop Marketing Plan.
5 Etsy Shop Marketing Tips for December
- Everyone will be on Instagram on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day posting photos so it’s a good time to run an Instagram ad for your shop, advertising gifts people may have wanted to get but didn’t get for Christmas. In Canada and the UK, it’s called a Boxing Day sale.
- If you sell wedding products, you need to run a Google, Facebook, Instagram and/or Pinterest ad for your shop starting Christmas Day and running for the next 10 days as 70% of all engagements happen on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.
- At mid to end of December, you will want to start sending product submissions to blogs that your target market reads for inclusion in their Valentine’s gift guides.
- Pantone is announcing their Color of the Year later this week so make sure to capitalize on the social media buzz it generates posting any products you have in the color or products from other non-competitive shops (in hopes they return the favor). Also, pitch to the Etsy editors any products you have in the color as they will likely be writing about it as well.
- Create an after Christmas product bundle to get rid of any overstock, out-of-date, poor selling or seasonal items.
Get the rest of the promotional ideas and tactics in this month’s Etsy Shop Marketing Plan, including a full social media plan with posting ideas for each day of December! Download today, just $7!
BONUS: Share today’s post on social media, let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you a Valentine’s Gift Guide media contact to submit to this month!
© 2016 Gail Oliver. All rights reserved.