I market all types of businesses, and the real estate industry seems to always be looking for truly fresh, creative and innovative ways to market their business. So I did a little brainstorming and came up with what I think are some innovative marketing ideas for realtors. Even if you don’t sell real estate, these out-of-the-box marketing ideas might inspire you with your own business.
7 Killer Real Estate Marketing Ideas
- Instead of having open houses on weekends, have them in the evening during the week so that people can stop in on their way home.
- Put a solar light on the “for sale” sign (no extension cords needed) so it is visible at night to passer-bys.
- Post flyers of affordable homes under $200,000 in the lobbies of apartment buildings to lure renters into becoming home owners.
- Arrange to have a teenager in the neighbourhood watch prospective buyers’ children during an open house.
- Ask your local community newspaper if you can have a weekly feature called “Home of the Week”.
- Have a contest on Instagram for people to post their photos with the hash tag #MyHouseNeedsHelp. The winner gets free design advice and you have a slew of potential new clients who are dissatisfied with their current home.
- Make alliances with human resource directors of major companies in your town that tend to bring in new hires from other cities and ask to be part of their relocation kit.
I help all kinds of small businesses, including real estate agents. Check out my Customized Marketing Action Plan or contact me at email@example.com.
© 2012-2014 G.B. OLIVER ALL RIGHTS RESERVED