I market all types of businesses, and the real estate industry seems to always be looking for truly fresh, creative and innovative ways to market their business. Below are some innovative real estate marketing ideas for realtors that I came up with for some of my clients. Even if you don’t sell real estate, these creative, out-of-the-box marketing ideas might inspire you with your own business.
10 Real Estate Marketing Ideas
- Instead of having open houses on weekends, have them in the evening during the week so that people can stop in on their way home.
- Put a solar light on the “for sale” sign (no extension cords needed) so it is visible at night to passer-bys.
- Post flyers of affordable homes under $200,000 in the lobbies of apartment buildings to lure renters into becoming home owners.
- Arrange to have a teenager in the neighbourhood watch prospective buyers’ children during an open house so they are not distracted as you are trying to sell to them.
- Ask your local community newspaper if you can have a weekly feature called, “Listing of the Week”.
- Have a contest on Instagram for people to post their photos with the hash tag #MyHouseNeedsHelp. The winner gets free design advice and you have a slew of potential new clients who are dissatisfied with their current home.
- Make alliances with human resource directors of major companies in your town that tend to bring in new hires from other cities and ask to be part of their relocation kit.
- Turn your business card into a fridge magnet and ask friends and family to not only put it on their fridge, but their fridge in the lunchroom at their work.
- Make your home listings are little more detailed, such as including a floor plan of each level; indicate which walls are not load bearing (for those fixer uppers); list the age of the electrical, plumbing, roof and furnace; detail average monthly utility costs.
- Make your gift to the new home owner outdoor garbage or recycling bins labeled with your business name and contact info. Free advertising for you every week!
Get the Ebook!
Get inspired and motivated! All of the these ideas are from my brand new ebook, Real Estate Marketing Ideas for Realtors, packed with hundreds of more all-original, creative ideas and tactics for publicity, social media, promotions and advertising that will help you get more clients and sell more listings.
© 2012-2015 Gail Oliver. Attention Getting Marketing. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED