I’m Gail Oliver. After years as a senior marketing executive for million dollar companies in the high tech sector, I decided I had to stop working 12+ hour days for someone else and start working for myself. So, in November 2012 I started Attention Getting Marketing, my online marketing consulting business. I loved the idea of artisan online marketplaces, so I started advising Etsy shops (where I have only 5-star reviews!) but now my clients include everyone from online stores to realtors to lawyers – anyone with an e-commerce business. My advice has appeared in publications from the New York Times Small Business blog to Success Magazine. I offer affordable Marketing Services and information-packed Marketing Ebooks or feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask how I can improve your business!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is your marketing experience/background?
I have a Bachelor of Commerce degree, majoring in Marketing, combined with over 20 years of marketing and business experience. I was the Director of Marketing at two prominent high technology companies and prior to that my first job was as an advertising executive.
What is your e-commerce experience?
I have helped over 4,000 e-commerce businesses in the last 3 ½ years with my advice. I am daily entrenched in the e-commerce space. I continually conduct market research on the latest e-commerce trends, products, designs and more, and I am pretty much the only online marketing consultant that helps businesses directly and writes a blog giving my all-original advice weekly (most people just regurgitate other people’s advice or sell a course that is, also, just regurgitated advice).
How can you help my online business?
I offer a variety of very affordable services, but one of the most valuable things I can do is look at your online business and immediately be able to tell you why you are not making sales and/or getting found. I offer you not only practical advice, but also creative advice that will allow you to really take your business to the next level. You have to get really creative in order to get seen in this crowded marketplace.
What kind of results can I expect after I purchase one of your marketing services?
If you follow my advice exactly, and not pick and choose what you think will work, you should see a dramatic increase in your traffic and sales over the next few months.
- Chosen by American Express Open Forum as one of their Top 10 Small Business Blogs to Follow in 2014
- Chosen by BigCommerce.com as one of 17 Marketing Blogs every Small Business Owner Should Read
- Chosen by MarketingEye.com as one of 25 Business Marketing Blogs You Should Be Reading
- Blog posts appeared frequently on New York Times “Today in Small Business” (feature has since ended its run)
- Contributor at Business 2 Community
- Small Business Expert Contributor at SheKnows.com, the #1 Women’s Lifestyle website
- Launched Attention-Getting.com in November 2012
- The author and self publisher of numerous marketing ebooks
- In December 2015 launched the site, OnlineShopLove.com – a shopping blog that daily promotes the products of independent online shops.
Below are links to articles that I have either been quoted in, mentioned in, or written for other media:
- Success Magazine 03/01/2015
- Capital One Blog 12/01/2014
- New York Times, Today in Small Business 06/27/2014
- Business News Daily 06/10/2014
- Big Commerce Blog 04/21/2014
- SheKnows.com Experts 01/30/2014
- New York Times Today in Small Business 01/29/2014
- Toronto Star 01/20/2014
- American Express Open Forum 12/16/2013
- New York Times, Today in Small Business 05/20/2013
- New York Times, Today in Small Business 05/13/2013
- New York Times, Today in Small Business 04/01/2013
- New York Times, Today in Small Business 03/25/2013
- New York Times, Today in Small Business 03/11/2013
- New York Times, Today in Small Business 02/19/2013
- New York Times Today in Small Business 01/21/2013
- New York Times, Today in Small Business 01/14/2013
My Clients Have Appeared in the Following Publications!
Get In Touch!