Aren’t you happy fall is here? So am I and October brings a ton of opportunities for your small business.
My monthly Marketing Calendar & Planner is a great way to stay on top of all of them as I give three tactics to do every day, plus I include several “insider” secrets that I don’t mention on my blog. Here is just a sneak peek of what is in my October calendar:
- October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, so if your business is doing anything to support this cause, add a pink ribbon to your site and let people know how you are helping.
- #MondayMotivation continues to be one of the most searched hash tags on Twitter so be sure to tweet out a #quote and/or inspiration photo each Monday.
- If you haven’t submitted editorial pitches to online media for holiday editorial, the first week of October is really your last chance.
- The World Series starts this month so expect it to be trending big time on all social media sites, especially in the evenings.
- Mars and The Martian movie have been all over the news the past few days so expect a lot more trending, especially when the movie opens on Friday.
- Next month is Small Business Saturday (November 28th) and American Express Open Forum (who selected my blog as one of their Top 10 Small Business Blogs to Follow) offers tons of freebies on their site for businesses.
- National Coffee Day trended big on social media a few days ago, so hopefully National #PumpkinCheesecakeDay on October 21 will have the same momentum
- Most of this month, particularly the last two weeks, every Halloween costume, decoration, food and makeup pin will be the most popular pins in your feed.
- I have just started selling my monthly marketing calendar and marketing ebooks on Gumroad.com. You can sell products and services here as well. The cost is just 5% + 25 cents per transaction, no hosting fees, no monthly fees, no bandwidth feeds, no refund fees. Trust me, that is an awesome deal!
Want the other 84 tips and tactics for October? Get my Monthly Marketing Calendar for October available now for download. You will love it!
I’m Gail Oliver, a longtime marketing professional advising small businesses. If you need help marketing your small business, ask me how I can help at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to also see my Marketing Ebooks for more creative ideas.
© 2015 Gail Oliver, Attention Getting Marketing. All rights reserved.